A Statewide Training on Supported Living
Information Brief on
Here are some questions that you may want when thinking about choosing a supported living agency. These questions may help you decide which agency will give you the kind of support you need to live in your own place.
1. How would you help me to live in my own place?
2. How long would it take for you to start working with me?
3. Who are the staff people who would be helping me?
4. Can I pick the staff person I want to work with me?
5. If I need help at night or on the weekend, who would I call?
6. Have you ever stopped support services for someone? Why?
7. What would you expect from me?
8. Are there other people who you have supported that I could call?
9. Is there anything else I should know about your agency?
After you call, take a few minutes and —
Write down the things you like about the agency:
Write down the things that you still have questions about or are worried about:
*Adapted with permission from Area IV Board on Developmental Disabilities.